Who's Online
Become a YAK!
Poll Widget
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Yakkington Institute Forum Index -> Guild Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fitzkin
Candidate

re: The Yakkington Scholars Leveling Group

The Yakkington Scholars Leveling Group

Edit: Event has ended. New event here

Hello fellow Yaks!

Over the next 2 months, starting November 4th, we will host a weekly event (every friday) for new and bored players of Guild Wars 2!

All you need is a Free-To-Play-Account, or an Alt-Account that does not feature Heart of Thorns, should you have one. And a free character slot of course.

With this event we want to create an experience for the game like how it was during launch, when we first started playing. But with a whole group of people!

You will unlock skins and achievements again!

We will do fun jumping puzzles and boss events.

Help each other out with crafting items and gear, while we slowly level to 80 together and play all the content that is available to a F2P account!

As a bonus, we will also try to do direct Player-Trading. Which means instead of using the Trading Post, we will trade items and gear within our group and create our own little economy!

Important note for users of Alt-Accounts:

For this event I would like everyone to start at the same footing. From 0 so to speak.

So please only use items and gold you get from this event to craft or do Player-Trading. You might want to empty your storage and transfer your gold to your main account beforehand.

This is so people with new F2P accounts won't be at a disadvantage.

Oh and to make things more challenging we are also going to level in areas that are 5-10 levels above our own, which means if somebody would like to play a healer now you can! We might actually need one.

So if you seek this nostalgic feeling of playing Guild Wars 2 like for the very first time THIS is your chance!

Just leave a post here or send me a mail ingame (Moose Fitzkin) if you would like to participate.

Also please let me know if the Time and Date works out for you. All feedback on the event is appreciated!

Right now the Time and Weekday the event is scheduled on may still be subject to change.

Cheers and have fun! I hope to see you around!

Last edited by Fitzkin on Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Neo (ionoi)
Veteran

it could be interesting, but...

are participants only allowed to play on this account for a couple of hours during the event time?

what happens when eventually everyone ends up being a different level? You don't get bonus xp for doing things in a much higher area, so some people will keep falling behind.

will we have a commander to follow who picks which hearts and events we do? or will everyone be free to choose how to lvl up and sort of be a competition?

will we have to be the same race to do the starting maps and story together? Cuz i aint making a human, or a cabbage, or a fat stompy norn... maybe not charr either.

It would be nice if this was designed to work on our main account, so we can progress all the way to the new stuff. It sounds really depressing to be stuck in the old school maps with no gliders.

Btw i really like the idea of doing fun stuff like that. This guild has quite a few very good leaders that I think can make it work. Does the guild hall offer something? WoodenPotatoes keeps talking about their arena.

Fitzkin
Candidate

Hey Neo, thank you for asking!

I'm going to answer your questions as best as I can :)

are participants only allowed to play on this account for a couple of hours during the event time?

For now that is the plan. We will stick to a schedule to prevent people from out-leveling each other too much. 

But if people enjoy it and there is the demand to do it more often, we can schedule this event to take place two times a week. 

what happens when eventually everyone ends up being a different level? You don't get bonus xp for doing things in a much higher area, so some people will keep falling behind.

We are not going to level with boosters that give exp. Not everybody has, or is able to use them.

Karma, Magic Find, or Damage boosters however are free to be used, should you have one. Just no exp boosters. Food Items, Utilities, and Guild Hall boosters are also perfectly fine to use, since everyone has easy access to them.

However, and here's to answer your question: Should somebody new join our group, or somebody missed out on a week, which is perfectly fine, that person can not only use boosters to catch up with us faster, but also use tomes of knowledge if they so choose. Or level solo in-between group sessions. But only til reaching our groups max-level (which will be shown in the MotD).

will we have a commander to follow who picks which hearts and events we do? or will everyone be free to choose how to lvl up and sort of be a competition?

No we will just play like regularly when we team up. No zerging around. I doubt we even have a commander tag with us, not that we need one :D

I can't foresee how popular this event is going to be. Or how many are even going to join in the end. But should the group end up too big I wouldn't mind splitting it up into two. We can even play on different maps or do different activities (JPs, Dungeons, ...) should that happen, and you just join the group you want to play in.

If you want to play on a map you like, see an event pop-up, or do a close JP you can just tell everyone in party/squad chat and see who else wants to join :)

will we have to be the same race to do the starting maps and story together? Cuz i aint making a human, or a cabbage, or a fat stompy norn... maybe not charr either.

Nah feel free to play whatever you want. I think there are waypoints now to hop between the starter maps quickly so we can meet up right off the bat. We could play most of the story together, except the early story steps (0, 10, and 20). Those you would probably have to play on your own.

At level 30, If we all join the same order and make the same choices going forward, we could potentially play all upcoming story steps together though.

It would be nice if this was designed to work on our main account, so we can progress all the way to the new stuff. It sounds really depressing to be stuck in the old school maps with no gliders.

Maybe if this event is popular enough we can do it again but on our main accounts.

For now this is mainly to get the 'old' feeling of the game back. Which has to include the removal of several conveniences like gliding, auto-loot, run-speed in cities, ...

It's also a major difference to get loot or event rewards on an account that has literally nothing, or on your main account that already has lots of it (gold, mats, karma, ...) and you don't really need it.

But like I've said, we can do this again on our main accounts next time, when we are off out member berries again.

Btw i really like the idea of doing fun stuff like that. This guild has quite a few very good leaders that I think can make it work. Does the guild hall offer something? WoodenPotatoes keeps talking about their arena.

Yes an Arena Tourney or something the likes would be nice, but even then I think everyone on Yak is welcome to host little events like this if they want!

I'm not an officer myself either, but I've got the support and help of our officers to plan and advertice this event. So if you want to host an arena fight in our Guild Hall you could probably do it! I would join :D

Neo (ionoi)
Veteran

Lets try it :D I made a new account, currently sitting on the server select menu.

Neo.2109

Sumirae
Officer

I am not sure I can commit to every week but I'd like to tag along on my alt.

Fitzkin
Candidate

Preparation for the Event:

We will start leveling about 30 minutes into the event. So November 4th at 4;30pm PDT.

Til then you have time to create an account and join a NA server (Yak is on Sorrow's Furnace, but it's not mandatory to be there). Make a toon with whichever race, profession, story, or name you want. Play the tutorial area until you reach the open world and log out again. We will start from there. At 4;30pm we will then decide where to level.

To join send a friend request to my alt account. Just search for the name 'Ozmolia'.
I bought the account for a friend of mine (She never used it) so the account name is a bit different 'Lady Elisa.5937'.
Just give me a nickname so you know it's me.

Oh btw did I mention you can win awesome prices? ;)

See you in a week

Neo (ionoi)
Veteran

New accounts have to redo all controls and options and interface settings. So dont forget to log in early.

Fitzkin
Candidate

Just made my toon :D

My Shaman themed Charr, 'Sage Spitfire'

Sumirae
Officer

I forgot that Llama and I go out for a bit right before guild missions, so I will be leaving a bit early on most days.

Fitzkin
Candidate

That's quite alright Sumi. But I could move the event to a different date if need be. 

Maybe we move it to Thursday and we start on reset. I totally forgot daylight savings time ended this week so I could move the event to start/end one hour later.

Today is probably just to test things. I've only seen interest from you and Neo so far, which is probably my fault cause I didn't do much advertising. I've hardly seen anybody the whole week :/

Anyways, still planning on starting in 30 minutes, oh boy.

Fitzkin
Candidate

We made it to level 10 and beat the Jumping Puzzle!

We are currently leveling at Metrica Province. If you would like to join next Friday you only have to reach level 10 in this zone. More people are always welcome :D

And thanks Sumi (left) and Neo (on the right) for joining!

Serena Sedai
Officer

I'm glad it went well!!!

Neo (ionoi)
Veteran

we're up to lvl 15 if anyone wants to catch up and join next time. Otherwise we would have to trio dungeons

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Yakkington Institute Forum Index -> Guild Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: