Who's Online
Become a YAK!
Poll Widget
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Yakkington Institute Forum Index -> Guild News [Private]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sumirae
Officer

re: Changes to Deputy Rank

We're making some changes to the deputy rank. In the past, deputy was a probationary role for members being considered for the officer position. For the most part, the officer and deputy responsibilities were the same and it was expected that a deputy would one day become an officer. We felt that this rank was no longer fulfilling our needs as a guild.

The new deputy role will fill the gap between veterans and officers. It is a way for us to acknowledge members who consistently provide assistance and leadership during guild events. Deputies will be expected to participate in guild missions fairly often and must also be willing to lead events such as training raid. While deputies may be approached for input on administrative subjects, access to the administrative forums will not be included in this rank.

The rank of deputy is not a precursor to an officer role. When looking for a new officer we will consider veterans and deputies equally.

Feel free to post if you have any questions!

Sumirae
Officer

re: Changes to Deputy Rank

I realize that my wording for this is confusing and is not saying what I intended, and for that I am very sorry. The use of the term "acknowledge" was out of place. I did not mean to imply that this rank was changed in order to acknowledge all longstanding members for their contributions to the guild. There are several veteran players who have contributed a lot to YAK over the years, and they are absolutely a key part of our guild. They do deserve acknowledgement, but that was not the purpose of this rank change.

The new deputy rank includes some key duties that we needed filled. First and foremost, and which I should have focused on more in my initial description, is the leading of raids. Jake is not always around, commanding is not one of my talents and I am going away soon, so we really needed someone to step up and help us out. We felt that since Mula was already performing these duties, it made sense for him to continue filling this role in an official capacity. While I admit that I did write these changes with him in mind, it is my hope that others will also be able to fill this role in the future.

As always, feel free to post if you have any comments/questions.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Yakkington Institute Forum Index -> Guild News [Private] All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: