Who's Online
Become a YAK!
Poll Widget
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Yakkington Institute Forum Index -> Raids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biowafers
Deputy

re: State of the Raid

Hello, everyone! It's been a while since we had one of these posts, we've been trucking along at the same pace for quite a while now. How long? Well, some of have been raiding for nearly a year and a half at this point. Which, at about 5 hours a week, is a really long time. Some of us are still eager for more, but some of us are satisfied with our raid achievements and ready to move on to different lands. However, we recognize that having a number of people leave the group will put it in a precarious spot, so the officers have decided to make a Final Hoorah Wishlist.

What? The Final Hoorah Wishlist will be a list of things we want to achieve, as a group, before people leave. And we want your input. This can be things like "I still need X boss killed!" or "I still need Y boss Crystaline Heart!" or "I want to get Z achievement!" Please let us know what is on your raid wishlist. We will do our best to honor everyone's wishes, but as always the officers will have the final say in all decisions.

When? We will not end immediately. A few weeks? Highly unlikely that we will decide on and get all the wishlist items that soon. A few months? Absolutely. 

Future Plans? Up in the air, as it currently stands. There will be more concrete details on this as we draw closer to the end. There has been some talk of looking for replacements, and there has also been some talk about potentially starting up again if something really, really cool (Wizard's Tower???) comes out.

In summary... please let us know anything you really want to accomplish while we still have the full raid group! Comment here with your wishes and also with any questions you have!

Serena Sedai
Officer

I will add that I (as the primary read caller) am not 100% sure if I am interested in continuing or not long term right now. I would myself like to obtain the slippery slubling title.

I am open to trying wing4 challenges, but I'm also aware they are far more challenging and may not be of interest. I am personally aiming to finish the crystalline heart, but I am absolutely willing to pug that on my own if I can't make it with the group.

So my short list is:

1. get slippery slubling

2. finish crystalline heart for deimos

I'm ok with doing other things, but they aren't a strong priority for me, because i am unsure of my own skill and our group skill in managing  them.

Khione Kyshakk
Veteran

I would also like to get the slippery slubling achievement finished, and since I now have a crystalline heart I would like to finish those achievements for it but Deimos in particular since that seems the hardest to get.

Chrisspy

i wouldn't mind getting the slippery slubling achievement or the 4 challenge motes in wing 4 but im not worried if we don't do them. i would like to continue raiding as well but i understand if there's not enough people interested in them

Neo (ionoi)
Veteran

I'd be sad to see the team simply disband, it's a really nice team :)

but farming raids so routinely gets boring. I don't mind taking a break until new bosses come out, as long as we can get back together when that happens. But there are other things we can do to make things fresh again. Like try out different strategies and builds that might be less safe (full dps on the statue boss, center route on sloth, 8 necros Matt) Basically do challenging things that will make us better even if we don't get the kills. That way if some of us don't make it we have the option to 8-9man things. Maybe we can also carry guildies who don't want to do raids otherwise if we don't get 10.

My wishlist is basically all cm raids, especially wing 4. I heard they make it better

Are there maybe other PVE things we can do that we can't do alone? special SAB events, 10man world bosses, hide and seek? They take extra work from the officers and not everyone might want them, so im not really expecting it to happen. I know we do guild missions but I think they're boring and outdated lol 

Sausage Lynx
Candidate

Although I haven't been a part of this raid group for long, I would still be sad to see it disbanded. I think you all are very competent and I really appreciate the command, organization, and day-of adaptation to make the raids a success.

That being said, I do appreciate that I only have to raid once a week; I agree that 5 hrs of raiding for over a year might become more like work than play!

I would like to complete the wing 4 cms (as well as finish up my envoy armor collection; I need Cairn and Mursaat pieces). I would also like to get the achievement "Seimur was wrong" (Matthias without food)!

I have a few ideas/solutions for the officers to consider:

1) Reduce raid frequency (perhaps a weekly loot run or challenge run or a combination of both)

2) Swap up the calling/command to let ppl practice and Jake and Em take a break

3) Disband this group until a new wing is released, but the ppl still interested in raiding become mentors/carriers (lol) for ppl new to raiding. I can help with the organization of that (I have a guild who already has training raids scheduled/setup but we need more exp raiders to progress).

Cheers and cya Wednesdays :D

Serena Sedai
Officer

I would add that I would like to try out the CM wing4 achievements, tho I know that some are not interested, so I'm open to waiting till after people leave if those who remain are willing still.

Bronwyn.1246

I would still like to raid just in general and my aspirations are loot and fun!

Marek Malegant

Being new to the guild/raids I am not burned out at all, and I would like to continue raiding. I don't have any specific requests but I would like to attempt the w4 challenge modes.  

This is a great team so if we do continue to raid I think it would be great to give people a chance at other classes/roles to switch things up and make the team more well rounded in terms of ability. 

Khione Kyshakk
Veteran

Seeing as we have basically finished everything on my initial wish list I would like to add that I would like to at least attempt the 4 challenge modes for wing 4 at some point.

Lord Erin
Candidate

To add on to what is being said here, i have just updated my list of achievements in raids. Here is the complete list of those that i am missing

Spirit Vale: Outrun a Ghost, Anger Management, Last cannon

Salvation Pass: Environmentally friendly, Salvation Pass Sadist

Stronghold: all done  =)

Bastion: all challenge motes...the cancer is real

Big thanks to all that has helped so far, its highly appreciated.

See you guys around!

Sumirae
Officer

I'm sorta headed towards phasing out, but I want to stick around for the wing 4 challenge motes. I really like attempting something difficult as a team. It's nice to work towards a goal together and the eventual kill is always very satisfying.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Yakkington Institute Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: